Here is another rogue draft where I had all the pictures put together for and just never actually wrote anything. I wanted to do another Break the Look Down but with pictures and not just a list. Basically what I’m going to do is walk through creating a look and what products I used and how I used them.
and Here we go!
- You moisture and Prime the face. You always prep your canvas before you paint kids. I usually rotate between primers and have been using the NYX’s Honey Dew me up, Revolution’s Pro Base Blur Primer, or Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I do not remember which one I used here cause I for some reason didn’t take a picture with it but it was one of those.
2. If you like you can do color correction. I have been using the Bellapierre Pro Concealer Palette that I got in an Ipsy bag a couple of months back. Sometimes my under eyes need a little extra brightening and my face is just too red.
3. I used Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer for my whole face. I use the shade Fair for my under eyes, forehead and other noncontouring spots. I used shade Honey in the spot I want to contour. I brought 2 shades of this 2 try cause I wasn’t sure which one would work best. I always buy the ones that appear the lightest sometimes they come darker which works to do this with. The left picture is when I put it on and the right is all blended in. Also, I still need to review these but I think I’m gonna buy new ones before I do.
4. I have been randomly using this Revolution’s Bake & Blot powder which works really well if dap it on with a damp blender or you use a brush to set your face.
5. I primarily use Benefits Brow products. I use the Ka-Brow Gel to darken my light nonexistent brows then I take the Precisely, My Brow Pencil and fill in the rest so they look normal and not patchy. Actually, I could have done a better job here with that pencil. I use shade 1 for both.
6. I used the Nomad x Berlin Underground palette for my eyes. I also reviewed this palette not too long ago if you want to check it out.
7. When it comes to my lashes I usually will use whatever I can find first. I’m not sure why but that’s how it works for some reason. I used Milk’s Kush Mascara which is amazing and coats perfectly and makes your lashes long and full.
8. I used this Tarte Tarteist Volume III Contour Palette that I reviewed not too long ago if you want to check it out. I went in to contour around my face. I do the 3 on each side meaning outer forehead, cheekbone, and chin. Then I contour my nose and under my lip for more depth.
9. I used Benefit’s Roller Lash which I keep on me at all times. I usually rotate lines out based on which one I can find first. This one wins a lot cause it’s in my makeup bag.
10. After the look is all day I usually will use a Setting Spray. I have been using Grace & Stella Spray All Day Rose Spray. Then I finish off the look with the Grande Lip Plumper which I usually apply after powder so it has time to take effect. The last thing I do is apply my Lipstick. This one is from ColourPop in the shade Foolish.
Finally, we have a completed look. I am not looking at the camera for some creepy reason.
I like listing this process and may start do breaking down once a month now.